segnala un bug

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Mar 15 10:47:07 GMT 2020

Koos et al.

I don't speak Italian at all but I interpret Enzo's mail that he is on Windows and
does not have 'od'. In case he does not have a backup and the current file is of
length zero there is not much one can do :(

Ciao

Thomas

On Sonntag, 15. März 2020 07:31:34 CET Koos Pol wrote:

> Buongiorno Enzo,
>
> Sai questa e una mailing lista in inglese. Sara meglio che *tu* usi
> Google Translate invece noi. Okay?
> Se continui scrivere in italiano le persone ti ignoreranno.
>
> Back to your question:
> If you don't have a backup, "od" will not be of much use, as you have no
> older files to use it with.
> Otherwise you would be able to determine when the error first occurred.
>
> BTW, "od" is part of CoreUtils.
>
> Saluti,
> Koos
>

> Op 14-03-2020 om 20:09 schreef enzo.montanari at libero.it:
> > Grazie Jack
> >
> > Purtroppo non ho un backup...
> > Ho provato a lanciare il comando "od -c ENZO2020.kmy" ma non funziona su WINDOWS 10...   Forse è un comando LINUX ?
> > Qual è il comando per WINDOWS ?
> >

> >> Il 14 marzo 2020 alle 17.09 Jack <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net> ha scritto:
> >>

> >> Enzo,
> >>
> >> I'm also including the mailing list, which is a better place for this
> >> type of discussion, so when a solution is found, others will also be
> >> able to find it in the future.
> >>
> >> The .kmy file you sent has only zero bytes in it (each byte is 0x00) so
> >> there was a problem at some point saving the file.  (you can do "od -c
> >> ENZO2020.kmy)  Do you have any backup files? KMyMoney usually keeps up
> >> to 10 backups of the file named ENZO2020.kmy.X~ where X goes from 1 to
> >> 10.  See if any are different from the file you sent.  You can then
> >> either open that file directly with KMyMoney or rename it first.
> >>
> >> Jack

Life would be so much easier if we could just
look at the source code. -- Dave Olson