KMM Version 5.0.7 not working

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 25 17:36:24 GMT 2020

On 2020.02.25 10:15, Michael Berger wrote:
> Hello Doug,
>
> Thanks for your advise which I followed. Getting tons of lines that
> did not make much sense to me as a layman. After each new attempt KMM
> opened but without having changed a bit.
>
> Then - without any logic thinking but desperate and frustrated - I
> unmapped one of my accounts and then mapped it again. Bingo!
> I did this with all my accounts and that was it!!
>
> What I have to do now is to remove all those manually updated
> entries. Lots of work but I will do that gladly.
>
> Thanks for your attention and putting me back on track.
>
> On 2/25/20 12:02 PM, Doug Lytle wrote:
>> Michael,
>>
>> Try running KMyMoney from the command line and see if it provides
>> you with more information when trying to update your accounts,
>>
>> Doug
It is possible that your distribution not only upgraded KMM, but also
changed the version of aqbanking.  I do not use it myself, but I
believe something changed between versions which will cause exactly
this problem.  Unfortunately, the easiest way to deal with this is, as
you discovered, to unmap and then remap the accounts.

As I understand the details, aqbanking changed one of the strings
within the configuration information about the mapping of the account,
so the new version no longer recognizes that it is supposed to handle
the online activity for that account.  That setting is not visible to
the user, so remapping the account is the only way to change it.