Date format trouble (locale)

Koos Pol kmymoney2 at pohw.nl
Mon Aug 10 20:18:21 BST 2020

Hi,

I'm stuck with dates. For my KDE desktop I'm using my proper locale
(nl_NL) with a short date (DD-MM-YY).
With this format I can't enter dates 1990 and earlier. KMyMoney wil take
that as 2090.
I've looked at other locales having YYYY-MM-DD. But obviously that gives
a host of other issues.

Unfortunately KDE doesn't provide a personalized date setting. So I'm
stuck with what I get.

What would be the next course of action?

 1. Is there a work around available? E.g. start KMM from the command
    line with specific locale settings?
 2. Raise a feature request on KMM to provide date formats independent
    of KDE? Which would not be unreasonable. There is a fair case to
    have your financial dates not be bothered with your environment.
 3. Raise a "change request" on KMM to re-assess date interpretation.
 4. Raise a feature request on KDE to provide personalized date formats?

I'm hoping for (1), but leaning towards (4). Opinions welcome!

Thanks,
Koos