Compiling on Ubuntu, 5 steps, do they make sense?, was: Re: AqBanking 5.99 or 6.0 ? GLS Bank: Starke Kundenauthentifizierung notwendig

Ryan Novosielski ryan at novosielski.com
Wed Oct 16 09:40:00 BST 2019

> On Sep 17, 2019, at 12:26, Timon Fiddike <timon-kmymoney at fiddike.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Thomas, *,
>
> ideally I'd like to install from an Ubuntu package or PPA, but AFAIK
> the latest version available is 5.0.1, and in 2-3 weeks I'd like to be
> able to use KMyMoney and AqBanking as before PSD2 introduction ...
>
> It's been a couple of years since I've compiled anythin from source.
>
> If anyone intends to create a PPA in the next couple of weeks please
> let me know 8-)

I didn’t do this, but I could. This evening, I went through and built Debian packages for 5.0.2 through 5.0.6 for Bionic. 5.0.7 had those beta version requirements. I gave it a shot, but I had problems building gwenhywfar 4.99.22rc6. AqBanking 5.99.40beta wouldn’t build either, but it’s because gwenhywfar wasn’t new enough.

Next plan was to go back to the versions reported to be working (4.99.16 and 5.99.32).

Anyway, it was fairly easy. You need to do “apt build-dep” for any of these things you intend to build. Then get the new source tarball and use “uupdate” to create a new Debian source directory. For kmymoney, for example, you’d download then 5.0.7 tarball somewhere, do “apt source kmymoney” and then cd into kmymoney-5.0.1 and do “uupdate <downloaded location>/kmymoney-5.0.7.tar.xz”, change to that directory and then do the usual “Debian/rules binary” (though I seem to remember that that’s deprecated but don’t remember the replacement).

Like I said, no problem up to 5.0.6 (though that required a new AqBanking, 5.8+).

Hope this helps!