KMyMoney linking multiple databases

Matthew Millar mattmill30 at googlemail.com
Mon May 13 00:08:15 BST 2019

I am considering how to effectively implement linked databases within
KMyMoney, in order to automate the synchronisation and reconciliation
of records between "personal", "online" and "business" accounts.

The rationale behind this is multiple databases satisfies the need for
privacy and security, i.e the "personal" database includes joint
accounts and may be shared - e.g. stored in Public, and accessible by
both spouses - "online" database is for each spouse's online current
and savings accounts, cryptocurrency wallets, etc - stored within the
respective user profile and only accessible by me - and "business"
database which is potentially stored on a central server.

However, the necessity for transactions between databases to be
transparent, and reduce confusion over deposits and withdrawals
between accounts on different databases, can only be satisfactorily
achieved with "linked databases", where a transfer recorded in one
database is automatically populated within the respective account of
another database.

Does any such mechanism exist? Or would anyone be able to provide
insights into their own similar implementations?

Many thanks