Problem with KMyMoney on Linux

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 12 17:23:31 BST 2019

On 2019.06.12 09:11, John Mollaghan wrote:
> I am using KMymoney version 5.0.3 on Ubuntu.
>
> I have set up a lot of recurring transactions, bills, etc.
>
> Sometimes, when I to the Ledger view or to the scheduled translations
> view,
> right click on a bill for example and select "Enter transaction".
>
> In many cases the app just freezes up. It is very annoying, any
> solution to
> this?
>
> Thanks
>
> John Mollaghan
I don't recall other recent reports of this, so finding a solution will
likely need some additional information.

Which version of Ubuntu?  Did you install KMM from the regular Ubuntu
repository or somewhere else?

When it freezes, how long have you waited?  What does "top" or some
system monitor show?  (KSysGuard is the KDE version.)  Is KMM using any
CPU cycles, or just stuck?

If you run kmymoney from the command line, is there any useful output?

Have you tried other ways of entering a scheduled transaction?  (to see
if it is actually entering the transaction or something in the UI which
is the problem)

Are you using a .kmy file or a database?  Is it local or is there
network access involved?

What Desktop Environment are you using?  Plasma or something else?

If none of these help point to a solution, you might try "strace
kmymoney" to see what is happening when it gets stuck.  Another option
would be to run under a debugger, but that might require installing the
debug package for KMM, and I'd have to dig in to the details of how
Ubuntu provides those.