Budgets

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Jun 11 08:23:19 BST 2019

Hi all,

On Dienstag, 11. Juni 2019 00:10:46 CEST Nathan Murray wrote:

> Mike,
>
> >From what I am seeing the current version for your OS is Kmymoney 4.6.6-2.
>
> Most of the time when using Debian based systems I have used commands like: apt-get install package-name.
>
> You can build from source but then all updates and patches become yours responsibility.

If you want to try to avoid the hassle of building yourself you should try the AppImage that is provided by the "KDE binary factory". You can find it at https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KMyMoney_Stable_Appimage_Build/ . To use it, simply

a) download the KMyMoney-*.AppImage file to any directory on your system
b) make it executable with 'chmod +x KMyMoney-*.AppImage'
c) run it with './KMyMoney-*.AppImage'

Replace the * with whatever the part is. Since this build is performed daily, this might change when we add fixes to it. So in fact, the version you get is based on 5.0.4 with all the fixes since then. They are listed here:

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=CLOSED&columnlist=bug_severity%2Cpriority%2Cbug_status%2Cversion%2Cop_sys%2Cshort_desc&f1=cf_versionfixedin&list_id=1629743&o1=substring&product=kmymoney&query_format=advanced&v1=5.0.5

Hope that helps and makes things a lot easier for you.

Cheers

Thomas

Programming is like sex: One mistake and you have to
support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)