KMM replaces unknown Payee by historical Payee and Category

Michael Berger idest at online.de
Sun Jul 21 10:26:29 BST 2019

Hello Thomas, friends of KMM,

I am using:
KMM 5.0.2 with Mageia 6, KDE

My paying account entry at VoBa Mittelhessen reads:
C. I. Herklots
SEPA-Überweisung
Für Käse TAN:460906 IBAN: NL94....
BIC:INGB...

My KMM shows:
Pay to: EON Mitte
Category: Wohnen Solms: Strom
Tags:
Memo: Für Käse TAN:460906 IBAN: NL94....

Now, "C. I. Herklots" is new to KMM and KMM is trying to keep the user's
work down to a minimum.
But in such case  I would prefer KMM telling me that the Payee is
unknown or, possibly better, asking if  "C. I. Herklots" should be added
to its list of Payees. But best IMHO: KMM should do this right away and
simply ask the user to confirm.

As for the Category I have no better idea as to leave this to the user.
Because choosing a category from the list becomes necessary in any case.

Best to all and thanks!

Michael Berger