Wrong qt plugin dir on debian

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Jul 15 08:31:03 BST 2019

Grüezi Simon,

On Sonntag, 14. Juli 2019 22:53:15 CEST Simon Frei wrote:

> I compile kmymoney on debian testing and with the result of make
> install, the qt5 libraries get installed to
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/plugins
> and they are not found when starting kmymoney (i.e. it cannot read the
> database). Moving that directory to
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins
> makes everything work. I search through kmymoneys cmake code, but
> couldn't find out where this path is defined/looked up. Any ideas what
> this might be about and/or how to fix it?

Simply pass -DKDE_INSTALL_PLUGINDIR=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins to cmake or use ccmake to set it to that value.

Cheers

Thomas

What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.
What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher.
What we can't understand we call nonsense.
What we can't read we call gibberish. - Chuck Palahniuk