KMyMoney 5.0.3 released

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Jan 29 20:58:12 GMT 2019

Well, KMyMoney builds on Windows (see https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KMyMoney_Release_win64/) and the developers have fixed some specific bugs in this environment, but so far nobody stood up as an official packager.

BTW, the development team provides the source code. Distro specific installable packages are not on our roadmap. That part is brought to the users by aforementioned packagers. They exist for various Linux distros but I have not heard of anyone doing it for 5.x on a regular basis for MS-Windows.

Hope that clarifies the situation.

Regards

Thomas

On Dienstag, 29. Januar 2019 18:04:57 CET Joe Harrington wrote:

> I heard about November or so, that it needed one final tweak and then
> would be finished, but haven't seen anything since then.
>
> On 1/29/2019 11:32 AM, Alexandre Perali wrote:
> > I thought I'd heard that kmm 5.0 for Windows was released!
> >
> > Em ter, 29 de jan de 2019 12:00, <kmymoney-request at kde.org
> > <mailto:kmymoney-request at kde.org> escreveu:
> >

> >     Message: 1
> >     Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 14:37:24 +0100
> >     From: Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de <mailto:thb at net-bembel.de>>
> >     To: kmymoney at kde.org <mailto:kmymoney at kde.org>,
> >     kmymoney-devel at kde.org <mailto:kmymoney-devel at kde.org>
> >     Subject: KMyMoney 5.0.3 released
> >
> >     The KMyMoney development team is proud to present version 5.0.3 of
> >     its open source Personal Finance Manager.
> >
> >     Some problems have been reported by many of you and the
> >     development team worked hard to fix them in the meantime. The
> >     result of this effort is the new KMyMoney 5.0.3 release.
> >
> >     I came to a bit of delay by KDE sysadmin, which are currently
> >     doing some heavy work on the infrastructure. I am thankful, that
> >     they slipped in the distribution of the 5.0.3 tarballs. This work
> >     also seems to be the reason that the KMyMoney project website has
> >     not been updated yet. The changes are pushed to git but not yet
> >     synced to the webservers. For those interested in the details:
> >     they can also be found on my personal blog at
> >     https://blog.bembel.net/.
> >
> >     Regards
> >
> >     Thomas
> >

> >     Regards
> >
> >     Thomas Baumgart

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we
used when we created them. - Albert Einstein