KMyMoney + AqBanking: Keychain or similiar program for Ubuntu 18?

Martin Preuss martin at aqbanking.de
Thu Jan 10 21:37:53 GMT 2019

Hi Thomas,

Am 10.01.19 um 21:34 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:
[...]
>> However, is there a "remember password" tick box shown at any
>> stage of either updating the account, or configuring the account in
>> Aqbanking?
>
> No, there isn't. The password dialog is part of the Gwenhywfar library and KMyMoney does not have access to it (at least I don't know about it).
[...]

Oh, but you do have access to it ;-)

You could:

1) overwrite the method CppGui::getPassword() with a function which
reads the pin from a Kwallet (might be the best way on KDE)

2) Create a GWEN_PASSWD_STORE (which is basically an encrypted file
which stores passwords, use GWEN_PasswordStore_new() for that) and set
it with GWEN_Gui_SetPasswdStore(). In this case the internal PinInput
dialog will show the tick widget "Store permanently". This is what
AqFinance does.

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"