KMyMoney crashing on Neon 18.04

csq4u8yrvy at virginmedia.com csq4u8yrvy at virginmedia.com
Tue Oct 16 14:42:48 BST 2018

Thomas

I have KMM working on my system! My method (!) is listed below in the possible hope that it may help in resolving the problem.

Start KMM = TipofDay inactive, Set-up page active = select Cancel.
Restart KMM TofD is now enabled so unselect Show box, close it and the Set-up page.

Edit kmmoneyrc and change first time run=false to =true, save and exit. Restart KMM with only the Set-Up screen now active.

Use Next to get to I Have An Account page. NOTE Every time I have got to this page the cursor is in the Name field but text cannot be entered. Change the start date as appropriate (otherwise it defaults to Today) and enter a start balance. In doing this the Name field becomes active so enter as appropriate.
Then using Next, selecting Configure preferences box and then save with filename.

At this point I saved, quit, re-opened and, fingers crossed, have been able to add a/cs and other detail without problem. The KMM I have enjoyed using for more than 10 years is back.

Still more than happy to help because I have just worked around the "problem" not solved it.

Jim MacLeod