5.02: ZNK16MyMoneyStatement16statementEndDateEv

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Nov 14 16:15:33 GMT 2018

Jochem,

since the symbol in question was introduced with 5.0.2 in commit 86b53d2b3, I expect this to be an installation problem by using an older version of libkmm_mymoney.so.  What is the output of

  find /usr -name libkmm_mymoney.so\*

and

  ldd `which kmymoney`  | grep libkmm_mymoney

on your system?  I get here the following:

  /usr/lib64/libkmm_mymoney.so.5.0.2
  /usr/lib64/libkmm_mymoney.so.5
  /usr/lib64/libkmm_mymoney.so

and

  libkmm_mymoney.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libkmm_mymoney.so.5 (0x00007fb4de6bd000)

with

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Nov  4 17:44 /usr/lib64/libkmm_mymoney.so.5 -> libkmm_mymoney.so.5.0.2

How did you install KMyMoney?

Regards

Thomas

On Mittwoch, 14. November 2018 02:21:31 CET Jack wrote:

> Aside from agreeing with Brendan that you need to provide more
> information, that type of error often indicates a version mismatch
> between the program (KMM in this case) and some library it is linked
> against.  One cause of this is having a different version of some
> library installed than was used to compile the program.  In addition to
> the information Brendan requested, run "ldd /path/to/kmymoney" and see
> if there are any errors.  Also, if you compiled KMM yourself, what
> version of gcc are you using, and which version of the KDE Frameworks
> are installed?
>
> Jack
>
> On 2018.11.13 08:36, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> > You need to provide a lot more information like what version of kmm
> > are you
> > running, where did you get the package from and what operating system
> > are
> > you running it on.
> >
> > ---
> > Brendan Coupe
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 13, 2018, 3:30 AM <jochen at r-ci.de wrote:
> >
> > > On start of kmymoney I get:
> > > kmymoney: symbol lookup error: kmymoney: undefined symbol:
> > > _ZNK16MyMoneyStatement16statementEndDateEv
> > >
> > > Is that a known problem?

Two fish swim into a concrete wall.
'Damn' says one to the other.