Crash on transaction delete

Joe Harrington joe at the-harrington-house.com
Thu May 24 01:19:15 UTC 2018

My previous post:

KMyMoney
Version 4.8.1
Using KDE Development Platform 4.14.60
---
Windows 10 Pro
Version 1709
OS Build 16299.371

I am in the midst of converting from Quicken to KMyMoney.
The system is not recognizing duplicates resulting from split
transactions (I understand and actually expected this).
But this requires me to delete a number of transactions after importing
them.
Suddenly about half way through the process multiple deletions cause
KMyMoney to crash. The windows message is not very informative.
Very rarely it seems to crash on a single deletion, but this may be a
cumulative event. I have tried deleting them one at a time, it works for
a while before crashing.

Any suggestions? I suspect it may have something to do with file size
because it did not crash until about half way through the import
process. I am importing one account at a time.
My first attempt was to import the entire Quicken file, but that
resulting in chaos, so I created a new file and started over.

*.kmy file is only about 1.5mb at this time

---

One suggestion as upgrading KMyMoney (not possible on Win10)

  I have moved my files to kubuntu 18.04 and upgraded to current version
(5.0.0 it says , but I think its 5.0.1) and the problem persists
intermitently, but always on one particular account (aaaTemp)

Any suggestions.