KMM Starts very slow and cannot save as

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 22 14:42:27 UTC 2018

On 2018.05.22 05:32, Alexandre Perali wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Recently when opening KMM v.4.8.0 in Windows 10 it takes about 1
> minute to
> open the security password box. I already restarted windows and
> sometimes
> it solves but in the last attempts not. Also, the home screen appears
> unformatted, I mean not with the grayed lines and with a different
> font.
>
> I tried to to Save As... but it shows an error message like this:
> "Could
> not start process Cannot talk to klauncher: Did not receive a reply.
> Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
> the
> message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout
> expired,
> or the network connection was broken.."
>
> Why KMM needs a network connection to Save As?
> Could someone help me to solve this before to file an issue, please?
>
> Thank you,

When you say the security password box, is your .kmy file encrypted?

Note that error has "or" in it - only one of them (although I do not
know which) is actually causing the problem.  A network connection is
not needed (assuming your data file is on a local hard drive.)

What has changed recently on your computer?  Did Windows do an update?
Did you update anything else?  When was the last time KMM worked
normally?  Have you tried reinstalling KMyMoney?

We'll help figure this out, but we need more information.