Fwd: Problems with upgrading my data

Dave B(Y) freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 10 21:04:08 UTC 2018

Hello everyone

OK....  It seems I sent an empty letter to kmymoney at kde.org - guess I
should really read my mails before posting them!

So my situation is now (as far as I can tell) still the same as below.
I seem to have been able to export a csv and a text file from the
Raiffeisenbank; I have been able to read the .txt into Libreoffice
Writer & was able to see & modify the tabs etc, and to delete any
columns I believe I did not want.....

I have then tried just about everything I can think of to be able to :

       convert the text to a spreadsheet (doesn't seem to work);

       redefine an import profile to reflect the fields I am using (also
does not appear to work) and I cannot consistently find the profile
definition.

I tried to import a file, using (I thought) the same account name, and
found myself with only an empty DB file - although it went through the
process, I had no information anywhere.

I found my last year's file & was (thankfully!) able to open my file again.

Can anyone please help me sort out which app(s) I actually have loaded &
how to use it correctly, & how to get the .csv/.txt from Raiffeisenbank
to import correctly????

Many thanks to all for your help!  (& I promise to put my next reply at
the end!!)

Dave

Dave,

would you mind to send your mail tokmymoney at kde.org  please? We don't use the
sourceforge list for several years now. And if you do so, please tell us which
version of KMyMoney and KDE (KDE4 or KF5) you are using.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Thomas

***********************************
Hi Thomas,

As requested, here is my message on the new post address.... Sorry I was
so far out of date!

My version of KMyMoney is "KMyMoney Version 4.8.0

Using KDE Development Platform 4.14.32"

according to the Help page &

KDE - Be Free!

Platform Version 4.14.32

&

uname -r

4.15.3-200.fc26.x86_64

These appear to be all that is installed by Fedora.

Thanks

Dave