KMyMoney 4.6.6 - unable to delete or edit a transaction.

Eric Watson ea-watson at virginmedia.com
Mon Jun 4 19:44:16 UTC 2018

Hi Jack,

I will answer your suggestions in the order made:

In the category field, (Deposit, Transfer, Withdrawal) it shows as a
Transfer and both the Pay to and Transfer to are completed correctly. I
am aware of the error indications shown in KMM. I have also noticed that
in addition to the grayed out Transfer pop-up list, the options above
the Deposit, Transfer, Withdrawal are all grayed out except for New.

I have used KMM for a number of years and never have had a problem with
correctly entering Transfers.

Could I have created a black hole?

When hovering over any transaction I have never noticed a tool tip. No
tool tip appears in this case.

The account A1 was created on 23/8/15 and the 'bad' entry was created on
1/6/20

I used the KMM consistency tool and it reported, "Finished: data is
consistent". I downloaded KMM from Ubuntu and am not sure if your latest
version would work correctly in xubuntu, hence the old version.

One further comment I have is that I have not transfered the money to
the wrong account because if £500 was entered in B1 all of the accounts
held in the bank are reconciled with those in KMM. I could bodge the
result by making a cash entry of £500 in B1.

Eric