KMyMoney Digest, Vol 93, Issue 13

Jeffrey Johnston j3.normal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 06:33:20 BST 2018

> From: Jack <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net>
> To: kmymoney at kde.org
> Subject: Re: Mapping second credit card corrupts first card import
>         configuration
>
> On 2018.07.17 23:24, Jeffrey Johnston wrote:
>> I am upgrading from kmymoney 4.7.2 (Mint17) to KmyMoney 5.0.1-2
>> (kubuntu 18.04).
>>
>> I have 2 credit cards issued from the same bank.   When I map the
>> account for the first card to use the ofximporter it asks me to
>> choose which of the accounts at the bank I want to assigned to the
>> account in kmymoney. I click on the appropriate account and I can
>> then successfully update the account. When I map the second credit
>> card it is also successful and can be updated. However, the update
>> menu for the first card is now grayed out  (unmap option is still
>> available) and if I click the edit account menu the online settings
>> tab has disappeared.
>>
>> Clicking update all accounts will cause the second card data to be
>> updated, but not the first.
>> Unmapping and then remapping the account for the first card will then
>> cause the account for the second card to not be updated.
>>
>> I have another bank that I have both a checking and credit card
>> account.  I am able to map both of them for online access using
>> ofximporter.
>>
>> This worked on kmymoney 4.7.2.
>> If I search for packages installed for ofx, the only thing installed
>> is libaqofxconnect7  5.6.10-4.
>>
> I don't know how many folks have two credit cards with the same bank
> login, and that would be the only way to confirm this, unless something
> could be found walking through the code.  I have two cards from the
> same bank, but one in my name and one in my wife's so they have
> different login credentials, and I have no problem with both of them
> mapped.
>
> Also, to clarify - you had both cards mapped when using 4.7.2, and
> could successfully update both of them, correct?  (Do you know if it
> worked with 4.8?)  When you switched to 5.0.1, what was the first
> problem you noticed.  Was it that neither could be updated, but both
> could be unmapped?  That is a known problem, but you should be able to
> remap both accounts without the problem you are seeing.
>
> One thing that might help (not sure) is to extract the relevant lines
> from your data file.  (To do so, copy your file.kmy to file.xml.gz,
> gunzip it, and then grep for ONLINEBANKING.  If you have many mapped
> accounts, grep again for the relevant accounts or bank url.)  Do this
> when one of the cards is mapped OK.  Then remap the second card and do
> it again.  Compare the two results to see if you can tell what changed
> in the account that was OK in the first, but not in the second case.
> I'm hoping that might give a better hint where to look in the code.
>
> Also, just for info, are you using aqbanking ofx or the libofx version?
>

> Jack

Success!  If I unmap both of the credit cards on the same bank before I try
and map either of them then I can successfully map both of them.

 I had both of the cards mapped with 4.7.2,  When I read that   .kmy file
into the kmymoney 5.0.1 I found that all of my accounts that were mapped
for online did not have the update option available (but the unmap option
was available).  The only accounts I had trouble fixing (unmap and then
remap for online) were the ones that were multiple cards with the same
bank.  If had had unmapped all of the accounts first then I would not have
had any problems.

I am not using aqbanking, I select the ofximporter option.  I cannot tell
where it is getting the ofx code from, because when I look at the installed
packages that have ofx anywhere in their name or description I only see
libaqofxconnect7.

Jeff