tags in Linux version

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 13 21:13:50 BST 2018

Gary,

I don't know how to say it any differently.  4.8.0 is the latest
version prior to 5.0.  You have the latest version that runs under your
distribution.  The line about KDE Development Platform is just
informational, and completely separate from the version of KMyMoney.
If you want to upgrade to 5.0 or 5.0.1 you will need to upgrade to a
more recent Ubuntu or another distribution, which uses KDE Frameworks.
That is a major upgrade.  It will eventually be necessary, but is not
required as long as 16.04 is still supported by Ubuntu.  I don't know
if you are sticking with Ubuntu 16 just because "it works" or if you
have some other specific reason.  I can imagine corporate settings
sticking with an LTS (Long Term Support) distribution because of the
cost and effort involved in validating a new release.  Using LTS is
certainly overall more stable than always using the latest version, but
it does have the drawback that the latest version of your applications
are not always available.

Jack