KMM (problem with entering split transaction)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 22 22:28:24 UTC 2018

Hello Robin,

On 2018.01.22 15:00, Robin Gross wrote:
> Dear Jack,
>
> KMM has been working just fine for me until today.
>
> As I try to "split" enter a transaction, it keeps going back to the
> first
> column and not allowing me to enter a memo or dollar amount.
>
> Can you help me learning how to navigate getting a resolution to this?
>
> My thanks for your help over the holidays when I first downloaded KMM.
>
> Best,
> Robin
First, please address all questions and help requests to the mailing
list (https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmymoney) and not to any
individual.  I may not be available, and there are many others who can
also provide good help and suggestions.  Also note, not everybody will
CC: you when replying to the list, so you do need to subscribe or at
least check the archives to see if anyone has replied.

Regarding your question, I'm not really sure what the problem is.  When
creating a new, split transaction, enter the payee as usual (assuming
it is a normal deposit or withdrawal transaction) and then, instead of
selecting a category, click on the split icon just to the right of the
category field.  That should bring up the split editor.  Click in the
first box to enter a category.  Then, hitting <TAB>  should take you to
the memo field, or you can just click in it.  What actually happens if
you try either of these?