[Kmymoney] (no subject)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 3 15:45:16 UTC 2018

Gary,

Linux and Windows versions have same functionality - as long as they
are the same version.

Even for Fidelity, you do need to create a Brokerage account.  This is
a limitation of KMM, and it doesn't matter what the institution does.
Merrill Lynch does not have separate brokerage accounts - it doesn't
matter retirement account or not.  Using the default name (same name as
the investment account plus " (Brokerage)" is the easiest way.  You
then need to map the Investment account, not the brokerage account.
When you do an import to the investment account, transactions involving
cash will correctly use the brokerage account.

I don't know of any limit on the date range for an import.  That error
message does not sound familiar - does a consistency check indicate any
problems?  What exactly were you trying to do when you got that error?

In personal experience, if you need to catch up with a really large
backlog of transactions, I have sometimes manually downloaded an OFX
file for one or two month periods each, and then manually imported them
one at a time.

Jack