changes for Bank of America

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 30 16:30:22 UTC 2017

In case anyone is suddenly having trouble using ofx direct connect at
BOA, it seems they made some change within the past week.  I started
getting name/password 15500 errors, despite confirming those values.
Customer support was, as usual, less than helpful.  However, from a
post on the ofxhome forum, changing the ofx header version from 102 to
103 was enough for my downloads to start working again.  Something else
in that post suggested that BOA might also start requiring CLIENTUID
(such as Chase did some months ago) but it doesn't seem to be the case
yet.  There was also a note I saw on the BOA website saying they were
going to stop supporting Quicken 2014 and require 2015, but that also
doesn't seem to be in effect yet.  I think KMM will have to release a
new version to include the 2015 identifier for Quicken.