KMyMoney truncating payees

Simon Metcalfe simonmet22 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 08:07:05 UTC 2017

Hi there,

I'm trying to migrate from MsMoney using QIF files.

When I import the following QIF (containing 3 transactions), the 3rd
transaction's payee "TRANSFER DEBIT INTERNET TRANSFER" is truncated to
match the transaction above it, "TRANSFER DEBIT".

Transaction 3 is a transfer to another account.  The problem is that the
truncating prevents the transaction being matched when I import the QIF
of the destination bank account, resulting in duplicate transactions.

Does anyone know why KmyMoney chooses to truncate the payee for the 3rd
transaction?

QIF file is below.  Thanks :)

----------------------------------

!Type:Bank