Fwd: Re: An account ledger disappeared on Reconciling

Ian Anderson iancarol at ps.gen.nz
Thu Oct 19 09:16:08 UTC 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: An account ledger disappeared on Reconciling
Date: 	Thu, 19 Oct 2017 22:00:25 +1300
From: 	Ian Anderson <iancarol at ps.gen.nz>
To: 	Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de>

Thomas

It's a miracle!  Just like the final result of New Zealand's MMP general
election.
I have had two sensations of extreme happiness in the same day. Thank
you very much.

The answer as you suggested was in Settings/Global Options where
unticking the hide reconciliation button brought back the ledger plus
all the other ledger entries back to 2010. I guess I must have unticked
this box back in 2010 and the recent update to 4.8.0 must default to the
box being ticked.

The attached screenshot of my empty ledger after my reconciliation shows
I don't have the two
buttons 'Postpone Reconciliation' or 'Finish'. I guess they could show
up at some point when I next reconcile, or maybe if I read the latest
manual?

I am a basic user and admit to not reading the manual after the initial
read. Sorry about that. I hope all others are more informed. Thank you
again for taking the time to help out.

Kind Regards  Ian