ML Dividend Reinvest Was: Chase and CATEGORY in ofx

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 27 21:53:51 UTC 2016

dropping all the payee stuff, concentrating on the ML dividend
reinvestment issue

On 2016.09.27 17:45, Bob Ewart wrote:
[snip...]
> I wrote a little perl program to switch the name and memo fields and
> to rename the files into a yyyy-mm... format so they sort properly in
> Dolphin.  Later I added code to handle the dividendreinvestment
> problem which nobody seems to know how to handle.
[snip...]

Are you willing to share this?  I do direct connect downloads, and that
seems to import only as a single dividend transaction, so I just
manually change it to reinvest, enter the number of shares and retype
the total amount, letting KMM calculate the price per share.  However,
automating that would certainly save me some effort every month.