libalkimia version requirement ?

Nick Leverton nick at leverton.org
Tue Sep 20 12:48:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'd like to build Kmymoney 4.8.0 on Debian Jessie, which is still a
KDE4 distro.  Most of the finance library dependencies are available to
me at the correct version, either directly or else in jessie-backports
from the Debian Testing suite.

However libalkimia is only at 4.3.2.  I've done a test build of KMM 4.8.0
against this version and it seems to build OK; however I feel cautious
about trying it out on my precious accounts :-)  Will KMM 4.8.0 work with
this older version of libalkimia, with or without full functionality ?
Or is it essential to have alkimia 5.0 anyway ?

Thanks

Nick