kmymoney 5 frameworks

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 27 22:36:49 UTC 2016

On 2016.11.27 08:43, timothy wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-11-25 at 15:51 +0200, timothy wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I had a bit of trouble with my scripts for finance-quote and found
> that
> > the directory /usr/share/kde4/apps/kmymoney in kmm4 is
> > now /usr/share/kmymoney in kmm5. The directory 'icons' and the text
> file
> > 'tips' were also there. I copied them across to kmm5 since they are
> > missing and now both the icons and the tips are working fine. They
> are
> > actually missing from the source code in frameworks.
> >
> > I had also just copied the kmm4 kmymoney.kmy file to 5 without
> realizing
> > that the kmymoneyui.rc should have also been copied. It is also in
> that
> > directory. Now things look familiar and it is easier to test. I am
> > surprised that a new kmymoneyui.rc was not created in kmm5 though.
> >
> > Not sure how to record these small items. They are not really bugs
> just
> > teething problems.
> >
> > Regards
> > Timothy

> of

> except
> setting in

> message

> results
> > > Hi Timothy,
> > >
> > > Alan answered regarding the icons.  I have also noted that the
> tips are
> > > missing.  I believe it is because KDE Frameworks looks for the
> file
> > > with the tips in a different location than KDE4 did - so it is
> just an
> > > incomplete port.
> > >
> > > It is possible to have two versions of KMM installed at the same
> time,
> > > but it is not easy.  There should be no overlap, because there
> are name
> > > conflicts.  Assuming one version is installed in /usr/... then
> when you
> > > compile the other, set it to install in /home/timothy/install or
> > > someplace like that.  Then to launch it, you need a script which
> sets
> > > several KDE environment variables and tells KDE to rebuild its
> cache
> > > using that location before actually launching KMyMoney.  I have
> > > attached the two shell scripts I use to launch my private copies
> of 4.8
> > > and 5.  If it's not obvious what you have to modify, ask again,
> and
> > > I'll post a more annotated version.
> > >
> > > Jack
> >

> Hi
>
> I have tried importing OFX files downloaded from my bank.
> Files/Import/OFX/File Open..
> Select the OFX file and click on it. The File Open screen disappears
> and
> you are back to the Ledgers screen or whatever.
>
> Anyone else had similar behavior with ofx file import?

> [...]
First question is which version of KMyMoney?  Second question is have
you actually looked at the content of the OFX file?  I wonder if it is
not ofx, but a web page you need to click on something to actually
download the file.  Even in that case, I would expect KMM to give some
useful error, but stranger things have happened.  (By the way - an OFX
file is plain text, so you can use more, less, cat, or any text editor
to look at it.)