HBCI and shares

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Nov 27 08:01:39 UTC 2016

Jochen,

On Sunday 27 November 2016 00:15:34 Jochen Schmid wrote:

> Hello Thomas,
>
> On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 06:46:57PM +0100, you wrote:
> > So I expect this information to be part of the somewhat unstructured memo
> > field (Verwendungszweck). I have no idea, if one can extract this from
> > within KMyMoney.
> >
> > You can send me the log part of one transaction via private e-mail if you
> > want. Please feel free to replace characters with AAA and numbers with ###
> > where necessary.
>
> currently I am learning using HBCI. It is available to me since last
> thursday. ;-)

Thanks for the info. My record in using AqBanking & Co is a bit longer
(>10yrs).

> > > What's the preferable way to realize that in kmymoney?
> >
> > From what I understand, one needs to write source code. I doubt that this
> > is possible using the current code base (though you are behind to some
> > extent with 4.6.4)
>
> I don't think it will happen. I cannot do it, my coding skills in C++
> are way behind necessary level.

So it might be a good idea to work with the developers by providing log
information to

a) understand how the data is structured and transmitted by your bank and
b) work out a way to get this sorted out.

> It's 4.6.4 because it's the version in Ubuntu 14.04 repositories.
> Is it possible to use a alternative repository without touching whole
> KDE base?

You may want to take a look at https://launchpad.net/kmymoney if you find
s.th. appropriate for your distro. Building from source is also possible but
not an easy task if you've never done that before due to a large number of
dependencies.

What does “IDK” stand for? I don’t know.