Which version to use for compiling KMyMoney?

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue May 17 08:34:19 UTC 2016

Hi!

I removed  my self-compiled KF5 + KDEPIM cause it had too many issues when
combined with the rest of Plasma as packaged in Debian Sid/Experimental. Right
now only using KF5 + KDEPIM from Debian Sid/Experimental works better than
trying to use any self-compiled stuff. (Ok, compiling everything myself may
work too, but I donĀ“t want to put in the resources to compile all of Plasma
for now.)

But on installing KDEPIM from Debian experimental KMyMoney package as
uninstalled due to a dependency of older Akonadi packages that had to go.

Now instead of compiling KF5 + KDEPIM, I would like to compile kmymoney to get
it back.

Which version do you recommend? It would be good if it can be used with the
dev packages that are available in Debian Sid/Experimental. So I think the
last Qt4 version may be safer to go. I can have a go at any KF5/Qt5 based
version, but is it stable enough yet for daily use? Also it may be that KF5
packages in Debian Experimental and Sid are outdated.

I am comfortable with compiling from a git clone and I also have a working
kdesrc-build setup, but I want to avoid building and installing KF5 from git
master at the moment due the issues I had with it.

Thanks,
--
Martin