Issue on Kmymoney reconcilliation

Thomas Spuhler thomas.spuhler at btspuhler.com
Tue Jun 7 18:51:08 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, June 07, 2016 06:47:23 PM aga wrote:
> On 07/06/16 15:38, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tuesday 07 June 2016 15:19:25 René wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> First of all hello to every body. I'm new in this list and I'm seeking
> >> your help on an issue on reconcilliation in Kmymoney.
> >
> > Welcome here on the list.
> >
> >> I'm using KMyMoney 4.7.1 on Fedora 23. Until now I never have any
> >> reconcilliation problems.
> >>
> >> Today it appears that, in the reconcilliation process, the amount at
> >> the begining of the reconcialliation period (which is read only) is
> >> different from the on mentioned in the corresponding account at the
> >> same date, which is the right one.
> >>
> >> All other accounting data are correct unless this discrepancy. I
> >> audited the account until mid year last year to see whether a preceding
> >> issue could impact the reconcilliation step of this month.
> >>
> >> Many thanks to everybody who could help me.
> >
> > Take a look at the difference between the two values. Do you have a
> > reconciled transaction around the starting date of the reconciliation
> > period with that amount? Since the ending balance is OK there does not
> > seem to be an (accounting) problem.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Thomas
>
> Also, a couple of other points if you still have the problem.  On the
> Reconcile wizard, at the bottom, look at a line saying "Oldest unmarked
> transaction".
>
> Also, in Ledger view, towards top right, select "Not marked".
>
> Ensure all transactions before the start date are Cleared.
>
> Allan

Since a few month I am having problems too . I cannot find any useful information to tell you.
But since a few month, one of my Credit Card accounts doesn't balance anymore. I looked back about a year and the difference were different every month.

When trying to find the discrepancy, I noticed this strange information. In the Reconcile mode, under the table it is listed:

Statement: 1,045.43            Cleared: 1,045.43          Difference: 0.00

I haven cleared anything.

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler

All of my e-mails have a valid digital signature
ID 60114E63