Importing ofx & csv files - can't access current account

Peter Booth peter.booth at orange.fr
Mon Jul 25 08:08:49 UTC 2016

Hi,
I have 2 current accounts, one in euros, the other in sterling. Both
accounts are in the Asset Accounts hierarchy. The euro account is the
main account and I can import ofx transactions with no problem.
With my sterling account, when I come to import either ofx or csv, in
the dialog where I choose the account, I am told "no account
information has been found for the selected statement file. Please
select an account using the selection box...". When I try to select the
sterling account, I am presented with the hierarchy leading to the euro
current account with no possibility of choosing the sterling account.
If I type in the full name of the account it is still not recognised.
The result is that I can't import the file, be it ofx or csv.
I used to be able to import csv files for this account prior to the
upgrade to 4.8.0.
Thanks for any help
Peter