How to reset Income/Excpense account dates globally?

Peter J. Farley III pjfarley3 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 25 22:37:36 UTC 2016

<Trimmed>
> > I will restart the process again from scratch (empty account template,
> > no payees or transactions) and log what happens at each step and
> > report my results as soon as I can.
>
> Well, don't put too much effort into this with 4.7.2 as the behavior has
> been changed in 4.8.0.

Can you point me to any documentation or log of how the behavior is changed in 4.8.0?  I will check the ChangeLog file, but is the behavior change documented anywhere else?

I do have the 4.8.0 install file downloaded, so perhaps I will switch to that version before I start again.

<Trimmed>
> > BTW, is it possible to actually import an entire externally-modified
> > account template (a *.kmt file) into a new, completely empty kMyMoney file
> > which has no categories defined at all?  If so, what date would be assigned
> > to those imported categories?
>
> Yes it is, though it could be possible that KMyMoney only looks in a
> specific place for them. They should show up in the 'Account' selection process
> of the new file wizard (see https://docs.kde.org/stable4/en/extragear-
> office/kmymoney/firsttime.3.html for details)

Yes, I found the directory where the default US account *.kmt files are stored on my system:

C:\Program Files (x86)\KMyMoney\share\apps\kmymoney\templates\en_US

So if I decide to do so I can copy a custom *.kmt file into that directory and have it available for my accounts.

Regards,

Peter

P.S. - Happy Holiday wishes to all.  May your days be merry, bright and safe.

P.P.S. - I just noticed I misspelled "Expense" as "Excpence" in the subject line.  Apologies for the typo.