KMM 4.7.2 investments worth are not displayed in accounts page

Jeff Barlow jeff at wb6csv.net
Mon Apr 18 18:32:46 UTC 2016

On 04/18/2016 04:16 AM, Louis-Philippe Allard wrote:
> Quoting Jeff Barlow <jeff at wb6csv.net <mailto:jeff at wb6csv.net>>:
>
>> On 04/17/2016 06:14 AM, Louis-Philippe Allard wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, I am referring to the window "Accounts" as per your first link, and
>>> yes, for all of my investments, the total balance is empty (not zero,
>>> but there is nothing there) and total value is $0.00
>>>
>> I have exactly the same issue. Note that I see only the lines of type
>> "Investment" for each of several accounts. I have no lines of type
>> "Stock" as shown in the screenshot. Perhaps this is because I have no
>> Securities of type "Stock". I do however have several of type "Mutual
>> Fund" which I would expect to be handled the same as any other stock.
>> They do not show up on the Account page either.
>> --
>> Later,Jeff
>
> Your comment made me realize that I have another problem:  all of my
> securities are of the "Mutual Fund" type, but selecting "Show equity
> accounts" displays "Stock" type securities in the Accounts window
> instead of the "Mutual Fund" type...

Yes, I also see that same issue.

Moreover, the only reference I see in the handbook for "Show equity
accounts" just tells me: "Equity accounts are normally hidden. Select
this option to show them." There's no explanation of what they are,
where they might show up, or why one might want to select this option. I
would never have guessed that check box would have this effect.

And, even with that option checked, the "Total Value" field of the
containing Investment account is still $0.00 even though it in fact
contains several thousand dollars worth of securities.

And further... I now see at the bottom of the "Accounts" page a new
mysterious account named "Equity" with a large negative Total Value.
There is no corresponding ledger so I have no clue where that number
comes from.
--
Later,
Jeff