KMM 4.7.2 investments worth are not displayed in accounts page

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Apr 17 16:58:06 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Sunday 17 April 2016 09:14:11 Louis-Philippe Allard wrote:

>   Hello Christian,
>
> Yes, I am referring to the window "Accounts" as per your first link,
> and yes, for all of my investments, the total balance is empty (not
> zero, but there is nothing there) and total value is $0.00

Empty indeed is strange. Did you add an investment to the account? See
https://docs.kde.org/stable4/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.investments.securities.html for details.

> I will prepare a anonymous file and send it to you.

That should help us.

> Quoting Cristian OneČ› <onet.cristian at gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just to make sure we are talking about the same window. Do you mean
> > that in this [1] window the "Total Balance" and "Total Value" columns
> > are 0 for all your investment accounts? If yes then something must be
> > wrong, can you send an anonymous file [2]?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Cristian
> >
> > [1] https://kmymoney.org/images/screenshots/large/kmm5.png
> > [2]
> > https://docs.kde.org/stable4/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.formats.
> > anonymous.html>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> question regarding investments worth in KMM.  I noticed that investments
> >> holding shares and therefore having a worth have a "Total Value" of $0.00
> >> in my Accounts window.  I understand investments are not "money" until
> >> sold and the proceedings cashed in a brokerage account.
> >>
> >> That being said, the net worth value displayed at the bottom of the
> >> Accounts page contains the value of those investments in money and also
> >> the section total (investments) also contains the monetary value of
> >> those investments.
> >>
> >> Is this a bug? It would be preferable by far to have the actual worth of
> >> an
> >> investment displayed and updated when prices are updated.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Louis-Philippe Allard
> >> lp.allard.1 at gmail.comSent from Horde Groupware - GNU/Linux
> >

>   Louis-Philippe Allard
> lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
> Sent from Horde Groupware - GNU/Linux

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent
life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?