Is there a way to undo merging a transaction with a wrongly assigned scheduled transaction?

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Wed Apr 13 09:20:30 UTC 2016

Hi Aga,

On Dienstag, 12. April 2016 23:24:50 CEST aga wrote:
> That sounds a bit like the payee matching needs looking at.
>
> If you find one transaction that turned out incorrect, what should the
> payee have been, and what actually happened?  How is matching set for
> that payee?

Well the payee was my internet / service provider, yet KMyMoney recognized it
as a scheduled transaction to put some savings aside onto a special account.

> Of course, it could be something entirely different, so more details
> might help.

Thanks also for the hints on how to change a charge back to a transfer to the
others who replied.

Thing is, on updating against online account with credit institute I get these
dialogs asking me whether it shall input the scheduled transaction, but in
that dialog I do not see what transaction it will be merged with, so I cannot
decide whether the assignment is correct or not.

I may look into setting KMyMoney into never inputting a scheduled transaction,
cause all transactions come from updating the online account. So I would like
if it recognized that the payment is there and update it to the next month,
but it doesn´t need to merge it with the transaction it got from my bank.

Thanks,
--
Martin