Is there a way to undo merging a transaction with a wrongly assigned scheduled transaction?

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue Apr 12 21:27:38 UTC 2016

Hi!

I started using the scheduled transaction feature to predict cash flow on my
accounts recently.

On updating my online accounts KMyMoney then asks about whether it should
input a scheduled transaction, i.e. actually merge it with one it got from the
bank. I say yes. Then I find out KMyMoney misassigned the scheduled
transaction to a completely unrelated transaction.

Is there a way to undo this? Right now I manually edited the transaction. But
its the real transaction is actually a transfer from one account to another
but KMyMoney changed in into a charge due to the scheduled transaction I canĀ“t
even change it back to a transfer as that is greyed out.

Right now that feature causes me more issues than it solved.

I already think on always saying no and manually skip the scheduled
transaction. Or to get rid of them. That said, I removed the descriptions from
most scheduled transaction cause otherwise it enters the same name description
again, with the wrong month as many scheduled transaction have a date or month
in the description. Still if one transaction is a transfer from one account to
another how does KMyMoney come to assume that it could be a charge from my
phone/internet access provider instead? Thats so completely off that it
puzzles me. Only thing is the amount that is roughly similar.

Thanks,
--
Martin