[Kmymoney] [Kmymoney-devel] Basic Problems with the understanding of the logic of the system....

Michael Berger idest at online.de
Sun Sep 27 13:25:23 UTC 2015

On 09/27/2015 02:37 PM, aga wrote:
> Copy to User group.
>
> Dear Developers( & users),
>
> we are a small cultural society in Salzburg/ Austria.
> We also run a run pub.
> Therefor we use the cash method of accounting.
> We just deal with gains and expenses, and wish to get the added value tax
> automaticly
> computed and into a report for the tax government.
> I know accounting very well, but never worked with these kinds of
> "categories".
> The handbook just says, that it is possible. But I read nothing clear
> about
> it how to get
> the system to do that.
>
> My very wish to you now is:
>
> Would you please send me a step-by-step- tutorial, how to make this work.
>
> Thank you very much in advance for your effort.....
>
> Sincerily yours
>
> Olly Wetzke

Hi Olly,
First of all: Did you read 7. Categories > VAT support of the Help >
KmyMoney-Handbook? and then followed  Creating Categories?!
Setting up a VAT category is very simple:
In the Menu bar > Category > New category
Tab General: give it a name and choose Type "Expense" (as this is an
expenditure)
Tab Tax: activate "VAT category", enter a percentage (e.g. 19) and
activate "Include on Tax Report"

Viel Spaß!
Michael