[Kmymoney] OFX Direct Connect Password Prompt

Jack ostroffjh at frontier.com
Tue Sep 15 17:07:51 UTC 2015

On 2015.09.15 11:30, Ryan Novosielski wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Couldn't there be a way to include what account password is being
> requested for OFX Direct Connect? I notice this whenever I either
> have a
> password change/failure that I don't remember making, or when using a
> new computer for the first time where the account passwords are not
> saved. The box comes up asking for the password, but there's no way to
> tell what account it is, as far as I can see on the screen.

If you update the accounts one at a time, you would obviously know
which account it is, so I assume you have selected to update all
accounts.  So, one workaround would be to update each account
separately.  Another workaround would be to invoke KMM from the command
line, in which case (I think, but have not checked) that you could find
the account in the console output.

It's also probably worth filing a wishlist bug at bugs.kde.org, so this
doesn't get lost.  I'm not sure if this prompt is coming from KMM or
from the underlying libofx, although I doubt the library would interact
directly with the user.