[Kmymoney] Some questions and observations concerning Investments

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Sun Sep 13 09:59:58 UTC 2015

Hi

1) Accounts can be closed, reopened or totally deleted.

2) Investments can only be deleted not closed and reopened. Although the
drop down box for Investment Options has options for 'Close Account' and
'Reopen Account'. Is this a misprint?
( I have checked this out and it is indeed a misprint. 'Close Account' &
'Reopen Account' should be 'Close Investment' & 'Reopen Investment').

3) If an investment is deleted (or closed) in the Investment page, the
transactions in the Ledger page are not removed. This means that they
are still stored in the kmy data file. Does this mean that the
transactions are still referenced in reports? There should be some way
to switch off the Ledger transactions for deleted investments.

4) Unfortunately I have now deleted an investment that should have only
been closed. However a backup and some extra work should remedy that.

5) What happens to the transactions which reference other accounts when
an account or investment is deleted?

Any light on the above would be appreciated.

Regards
Timothy