[Kmymoney] Delete/Correct Account Currency Entries (Re: Strange Currency Units for Mutual Funds)

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Thu Sep 10 09:16:07 UTC 2015

Hi

I have had a good look at the kmy data file looking for any pattern
that might give a direction. Many (33 in total), if not all accounts, have the
currency="E0000.., but only two instances were being picked up by the
Tools/Update stock and currency prices. E000010 and E000028.

The only place where those two securities were together on their own were in the
<PRICEPAIR> section 'from ZAR to= E000010 & 28". The reverse direction seemed to be
accepted and the norm for all securities.

I deleted those sections one by one and checked that the Tools/Update stock and currency
prices ran without errors. The consistency check is also good.

So possibly the bad data have been deleted, but I have no clue as to the cause. I will keep
tight check and if anything happens will try to pin down the cause.

Would you like me to try anything further to help with this matter?

Timothy

Hi

August 2013. No errors
September 2014,  Only one E0000.. error.

I will do a more thorough check of the actual contents later.
Have to go.

Timothy

Hi Allan

I brought up this matter in January as below. The attachment is similar
to my latest. It had the added complexity of the popup. I think I was a
bit daunted by the complexity of the .kmy file. Since it was not
critical, I did not take it further.

However it appears to be ongoing since the latest date is the 1/9/2015.

I will look for old backups and see how far back it goes.

Timothy
Can you recollect for how long this has been happening, and whether it
relates to any upgrade, etc.

Also, have you any old files you can try?

Allan