[Kmymoney] 2015/04/25: KMyMoney 4.7.2 released

Jack ostroffjh at frontier.com
Thu Oct 15 19:42:46 UTC 2015

On 2015.10.15 14:23, Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 09:36:02 AM Thomas Spuhler wrote:
>>> This understanding is not correcnt. 4.7.2 is in fact the latest
>>> stable release.

>> Hmmm, it seems I am not the only one mistaken. This is why we
>> released mga5 with vers. 4.6.6.
Sorry I didn't ask before, but what's mga5?

>> In the release notes of  vers. 4.7.0 it's stated: KMyMoney version
>> 4.7.0 is now available for download. It is KMyMoney 4.8 Beta 1, only
>> suitable for advanced users willing to help us stabilize and iron
>> out the upcoming stable version.
KMyMoney does not use a formal odd - unstable, even - stable
numbering.  My understanding is that comment about 4.7.0 was mainly
because there were some new features, and there wasn't enough
experience with them to fully label them stable.  So while 4.7.2 might
well be considered a "late beta" for 4.8.0, it really should be
considered a stable release on its own.

> Any updates about when the stable 4.8 version will be released.
> As I understand 4.7.2 is a beta release (4.7.0 was 4.8 beta 1
> according the release notes.)
> 4.8 was promised for December, I assume 2014.
I hope that was just a typo for 2015.  There hasn't been much
discussion recently about a release schedule, but I do believe there is
an intent to release 4.8.0 before the end of this year.