[Kmymoney] Problems with Reinvest Dividends

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 23 21:50:00 UTC 2015

This doesn't happen to be from Merrill Lynch does it?  They actually
use three separate transactions for a reinvest dividends.  Two of them
(dividend, and buy, I think) import to the investment account and one
imports to the brokerage account.  I convert the dividend (manually)
into a reinvest dividend, and manually delete the other two.  The only
problem I have had with this is that if the same items get imported
again, I have to delete them, since they are not recognized as
duplicates of the one I kept.  (I'm currently, if slowly, debugging an
issue where investment accounts set to download transactions since the
last download don't set the download date, and so by default always
download 60 days of transactions.)  It's been a while since I actually
looked at the OFX I get, but I've given up on dealing with this in any
reasonable automated way, without writing a very serious OFX filter,
which I doubt is worth the effort.

Jack