[Kmymoney] CSV import leaves 30% of Payto field entries blank

Rob Vandermeulen rob.vdm.82 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 18:20:39 UTC 2015

Thx for the response Allan

I already found the bug : It seems that 2 out of a 1000 entries in my CSV
file had a Payto entry that contained a single space. This created a Payee
entry in kmymoney called " " and probably started matching subsequent Payto
entries with a space somewhere in the name.

Once I corrected my CSV and deleted the " " payee, import went as expected.

It might be a good idea to change Kmymoney and add some protection for this
type of matching, like ignoring 1 character matches, or changing the csv
importe code reformat " " to a truly empty field, or throw an error.

Brgrds
Rob