[Kmymoney] Strange Currency Units for Mutual Funds

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Thu Jan 29 08:23:06 UTC 2015

Jack
Look at the title of that pop-up:  "Exchange Rate/Price Editor".  It is
asking for the price per share of AGMM.  I agree it may not be as
obvious or clear as it should be.  You did say this was a Money Market,
in which case, it may just be 1ZAR per 1 AGMM.  That would make sense
if increases/decreases in the value of your investment were done by
adding or subtracting shares, or with interest or dividend payments.
Out of curiousity - what type of transaction are you trying to enter?
Is ZAR your base currency and is it the currency specified for this
account?

Timothy
Yes ZAR is the base currency and the currency of the account and 1 AGMM
unit costs 1 ZAR.
The transaction was a transfer of monies to the cheque account from a
sale of shares in the money market investment account. I edited the
cheque deposit to add a comment to the memo. When I pressed 'Enter' the
pop-up popped although I had not edited the currency amounts or number
of shares.
The pop-up actually says 'convert currency ZAR to Mutual Fund AGMM'?
Allan
Forgive me if I'm telling you what I'm sure you already know, but, in
case, Tools/Prices might help.

Timothy
There is not an entry in Tools/Prices for AGMM as a currency, Allan.
However in the Tools/Update Stock&Currency Prices there is a definite
record of a price given in AGMM currency units.