[Kmymoney] Stock Transfer

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 00:33:26 UTC 2015

On 19/02/15 23:58, Jack wrote:
> On 2015.02.19 06:17, aga wrote:

>>> the downside of this though is that in reports, e.g. "Investment
>>> performancy by type", now both securities show up separately and the
>>> added ones have a 0 values for buys and thus the calculations are
>>> wrong -> is there any way to merge these stats?
>>>
>>> The only workaround I can think of is instead of using "add/remove"
>>> to add fake entries for "sell/buy" with e.g. the price at the time of
>>> the transfer...
>>
>> Unless I am misunderstanding, it is possible to transfer shares from
>> one account to another, and I have just done it.
>>
>> It works for multiple transfers, but only for the same activity type,
>> so you may need more than one pass.  Just highlight a bunch of like
>> shares, right click and select the account to receive them.  You will
>> need to have enabled 'Show equity accounts' - Configure/General/Filter.
>
> Allan,
>
> I don't think this does what is being asked for.  In the ledger view,
> there are no shares to highlight, only transactions which
> added/bought/sold/... those shares.  If I select one or more "buy
> shares" transaction, then I can transfer those transactions to a
> different account.  (I wonder if the brokerage side of the transaction
> also moves to the brokerage account associated with the receiving
> account - I have not tested.)  I also don't see any restriction to
> select like transactions or like equity for the selected transactions.
> However, this is not the desired action of transferring the shares
> themselves to a different account.  The only way this action could help
> is to "sell" the desired number of shares, duplicate that sell, convert
> it to a buy, and then move the buy to the other account.  Then you also
> have to assure that the buy and sell both reference the same brokerage
> account.
>
> If this isn't what you are suggestion, please clarify.
>
> Jack

You could be right, Jack.  I read and re-read but still wasn't sure,
hence my 'Unless I am misunderstanding,...'.

Anyway, the OP now has a choice.

 > I also don't see any restriction to
 > select like transactions or like equity for the selected transactions.

I do.  If I select a number of like investment type transactions, all is
well.  However, If I then also select a different activity type, I get a
popup saying 'Cannot edit mixed investment types...'.  Also, editing is
not enabled.  That functionality was in the code, but had been disabled
and I fixed that.

Allan