[Kmymoney] Consistency Check Errors

Cristian OneČ› onet.cristian at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 14:55:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

First of all sorry for all those issues you had (or still have) with
the consistency check. I agree that it can be annoying but it's there
for a reason. It was added to the save process to make sure that all
saved files are consistent (at least considering the currently
implemented checks).

The checks that trigger the messages in your case are also there for a
reason. Shares need a price even if the transaction which adds them
does not involve a payment, the price is needed to correctly calculate
the value of the shares (in reports for example).

As Andy suggested the correct way is to fix the opening date of the
accounts. The consistency check log can be copied using the context
menu and you can search for transactions by entering the displayed
transaction id in the 'Find transactions' dialog.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Cristian