[Kmymoney] Howto exclude Investments in Reports

Stefan Seide bugs-debian at seide.st
Mon Sep 29 17:48:55 UTC 2014

Am Montag, 29. September 2014, 20:20:35 schrieb Cristian Oneț:
> > Am Montag, 29. September 2014, 20:02:36 schrieb Cristian Oneț:
> >> Can't the investment be filtered out using the account filter?
> >
> > Within the reports settings -> "Konto" (i believe this is the account
> > filter you refer to) i can only filter for bank accounts but not for
> > investments within a bank account.
>
> Try it after checking 'Show equity accounts' option [1] in the settings.

Yes - checking this shown all investments, now i can filter it.

In the german translation this is called "Eigenkapitalkonten anzeigen" I had
never-ever associated this point with seeing all investments (fonds/stocks) in
the report filters...

Now it boils down to a feature request:

- As an user i want to have the ability to exlude all investments not used
within the reporting period with a simple checkbox (similiar to price
reports). Activating the filtering for investments i must remember to add every
new investment to the filter whenever i buy a new (previously not owned)
investment. This is laborious and error prone.
The list of "active" investments (investments i own for at least one day
within the reporting period) should be calculated automatically.

shall i open a ticket for it?

> [1]
> https://docs.kde.org/stable/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.settings.h
> tml#details.settings.general.filter

Is this the documentation for 4.6.6 or the new 4.7 coming? I ask because the
documentation shows some settings under the wrong option pane and some
settings are missing in 4.6.6.

documentation			program
===========            ===========
General - Global Option
* Startup				this point is in the Views option
* automatically save on closing - this is missing in the documentation
* No. of backups		this is missing in the documentation

View options
* Icon size of navigation	missing in the app
* Typ of KMyMoney view    this is missing in the documentation

Filter options
* show categories in the ledger(?)	this is missing in the documentation
* "Eigenkapitalkonten anzeigen"     misleading translation

open an ticket too? or is this the settings tab of the new version?

Best regards,
Stefan