[Kmymoney] Howto exclude Investments in Reports

Stefan Seide bugs-debian at seide.st
Mon Sep 29 16:50:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

there is another problem i did not found an solution so far...

The question is about investment performance reports:

lets say i have 2 investments A and B:

* A - bought 2013, nothing sold so far
* B - bought 2013, everything sold in 2013

Now i generate two investment performance reports:

* report 1: overall performance since opening
* report 2: performance of the current year

Report 1 works as expected.
Report 2 shows both investments, while investment B has 0 at every value
(correct)

Now my queston is: How can i exclude all investments from reports where i did
not owned/bought/sold an investment within the reporting period? Over the
years there are to much investments i do not have anymore cluttering the
report with "0".

Closing the investment B removes them from report 2 (ok) - but it is removed
from report 1 as well (not ok). During the period of report 1 I bought and
sold and got a dividend (maybe) from it, therfore it must be included in
report 1. Closing the investment seems to be no option here.

Question - shouldnt reports ignore the 'closed' state of an investment and
just look at the transaction dates?

(KMyMoney 4.6.6 from Debian Testing)

Thanks,
Stefan