[Kmymoney] Call for Windows package testers

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 13 02:10:26 UTC 2014

On 2014.08.26 12:20, Cristian Oneț wrote:
> >> And, I really don't expect you or anyone to do that.
> > I can also understand not supporting XP, but what about Windows
> Vista?
> Since I don't have Vista available, I can't say, somebody should try
> it. I was sure about XP since I had one and tried to run the new
> version on it. I get an error like [1] this.
> [1]
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7702463/what-is-special-about-the-executables-compiled-with-visual-studio-11-which-resul

Sorry for the delay, but I finally got to try the installer on a
Windows Vista system.  The installer ran fine, with no errors, but a
momentary pop-up of a command line window complaining about missing
mime-types (or something like that - it disappeared after about a
second with no intervention on my part).  Trying to run KMM, however,
does absolutely nothing.  No error, no warning, no window.  I even
tried from command line - just back to command prompt, no feedback at
all.

Is there anything else I can try, to get more information about what is
going on, or why it is not actually starting?  (I do ahve cygwin
installed, although I don't know if that makes any difference.)