[Kmymoney] Request Feedback - CSV Plugin UI

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 17:24:03 UTC 2014

<big snip>
>> I think this version may be suitable.  Initially, column 1 will get
>> the first field type selected, and then each sequential column.
>> Alternatively, select a cell to use and then its field type.  It size
>> is 10K, as against 20K for the existing version.  Any thoughts?
>>
>> At the moment, its a free-standing 160K compressed executable, if
>> anyone wishes to play.
>>
>> If OK, I'll integrate it and put it to reviewboard
>>
>> Allan

> Looking good.

Thanks for the feedback.

> It would be great if these columns lined up with the columns in the data
> table, but I don't know if it's reasonable to program.  Or - will the
> Field Type row just be the first or last column in the table?

The Field Type row is the only row in the wizard page, below the data
display table.

> I assume memo can show up in more than one column?

This is just a 'demo'.  The next step is to integrate it into the
plugin, and rework the Banking wizard class to suit.  At the moment,
many duplicates may be selected, the only 'rule' being not in adjoining
cells, the trigger being a change of Field Type.  All the existing logic
checks will be kept, only the source field changing.  Hopefully, that
won't be major.

> Also, if I remember
> from the latest wizard, there is an issue with the order of assigning a
> column to more than one field - how is that handled in this version?

I'm not sure I'd call it an issue.  If one wishes to copy the
payee/detail to the memo, to avoid losing important stuff in the
matching process, then select the payee first.  When the memo is then
selected, that will be flagged as a duplicate and the user is asked if a
copy is required.  If yes, that is done.  If no, then both need to be
reselected, as the plugin will not know which one should be in which
column.  A reverse copy may be done, also, although I'm not sure if that
is as useful.

Following the integration, the reviewboard.  Finally, repeat for the
investment side.

Allan